The question - Who wins in a fight between Rush and the Police?
Some thoughts:
Rush - Canadian (which means we can never really be sure where their allegiances lie, remember Canada gave us Alan Thicke), they have a song about trees or something, and the lead singer goes by a different name than the one he was born with.
The Police - British (mostly, maybe, didn't do the research, I think the drummer guy is from the states, but Stewart is a pretty English sounding name, so it may count), they have a song about stalking, the lead singer has a different name than the one I was born with.
The gauntlet has been thrown. Well not exactly... it's pretty old and I more swung it kind of violently in the air and placed it back into its carrying case.
Game on, sucka.
4 comments:
I had to do a little research to answer this one... google images reveal the winner.
While it is a little bit of a case of endurance (they are kind of old at this point) the throw down happens:
Rush, while being skinny and strung out come out blazing with the help of a little coke. They quickly dismantle take out Stewart Copeland's lanky ass.
The Police retaliate and Sting holds Geddy Lee in a headlock while Andy Summers delivers a blow worthy of Mortal Kombat.
The two on two continues until Neil Pert delivers a surprise, crushing blow to Andy. Andy collapses.
Alex Lifeson celebrates this victory a little too much and never sees the chair that Sting brings down with crushing force on his head.
Sting and Neil Pert stare one another down. It's a DEATH MATCH!!! The one on one violence erupts, with Pert's drumming arms inflicting a polyrhythm of damage on Sting's aging body.
Sting's endurance reigns, though. Aided by his experience in a solo career, Sting knows how to fight alone. He gets Pert in the sleeper hold. Pert is left passed out on the floor.
Sting leaves the room carrying out the bodies of his fallen comrades.
Triumphant.
And back to a solo career.
Best comment ever? I think sweet vikram can don that crown. Sweet.
I think Sting went tantric on Neil (Peart, by the way, no offense intended there) at the end. Check my blog for coolest band dude pic ever. Geddy in his 70's glory!!
You said tantric... haha.
I'm sorry, but you're all wrong - Neil would kick all of their asses, as he is a God. Sorry - game over.
I'm just happy to be reading such a thing at 1:51pm at work. Really, i'm amused....keep it up guys. U complete me (silently).
Post a Comment